What to bring:
- Your GP referral
- Medicare and private health insurance details
- All Xray, CT, MRI, bone scans etc.
- Relative or a friend is welcome to attend
- A list of questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an Appointment?
Simply call us at (03) 9989 2330 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through to Friday.
Can I come to get a second opinion?
Yes, you can make an appointment to get a second opinion. Dr Terry Stephens regularly sees patients who have been seen by other surgeons. If you’ve had a previous surgery, bring all the relevant information as it will be useful.
How long do I need time off work after the surgery?
The post-operative recovery period varies depending on the particular surgery. Generally it is recommended that patients take two weeks off work or school to recover from any surgery and to resume light duty following resumption of work. Dr Terry Stephens will give you specific instructions to follow for a successful recovery.
What should be reported immediately:
Signs and symptoms to report:
- persistent fever
- sudden increase in pain or swelling
- wound redness, drainage, or increased skin temperature around the incision
- increasing numbness
- shortness of breath
Who to call:
If you have any problems please call the rooms on 03 9989 2330. If Dr Terry Stephens can’t be reached please call your GP or go to the nearest emergency department.
What to expect:
- I will ask you your history and am most interested in what you experience with your problem (don’t assume I already have all the information)
- I will perform a physical examination so please wear comfortable clothing
- We will go through all your imaging together
- We will discuss the diagnosis and a management plan consisting of further tests, referral to appropriate health care providers or surgery.
- Most importantly you will be given an opportunity to ask any questions and actively participate in decision making in your condition.
- My clinic is a private billing clinic and there will be an out of pocket expense payable on the day of your appointment
- All surgical procedures will incur an out of pocket expense in line with the Australian Medical Associations schedule of fees. At the time of your surgical booking you will be provided with a quote.
- Other associated costs include, but are not limited to, anaesthetic fees, surgical assistant fees and hospital/insurance fees.
- Immediate post-operative appointments are included in the surgical fee.
- For any specific questions regarding fees please contact our office.